Saturday, May 8, 2010

Date Me? Are You Mature Enough? Forget It Lah~

Here’s some interesting stuff I got (or at least I remembered) from Impactors BGR Forum (not the teaching session).

“Do girls like pink or purple?”
“It depends.”

“Diamond ring or not?”
“It also depends.”

“How to get out of a ‘triangle’ relationship?”
“Don’t get involved in it in the first place.”

“How to get out of ‘group’ love?”

Huh???...

“Also don’t get involved in it in the first place.”

“How to reject a guy you don’t like?”
“I’m sorry. I don’t think I’m the girl for you.”

“If he’s persistent?”
“I’m sorry. You’re not the kind of guy I’m looking for.”

“What’s the suitable age to get involved in a serious relationship?”
“When you’re mature enough.”

“So that means we can have a boyfriend/girlfriend first then get married when we’re mature?”
“No. Be friends till you’re mature enough then only start dating.”

“So what’s the suitable AGE to get involved in a serious relationship?”
“When you’re already working and are independent.”

ZKang: “Huh…??? Still so long more?”
JX : “Okay tomorrow I’ll start working.”

*Laughs~

“Should I tell my parents that I like someone?”
“Again, make sure you’re mature enough, after praying and confirming, and then you should tell your parents. It’s important to receive their blessings.”

“What if the in-laws parents can’t cooperate with their son/daughter in-law?”
“Live out of your parents’ home if you can. That is why bible say man shall leave his parents and be united with his wife (Genesis 2v24)”

“Brother HH, how did you catch WW’s heart?” (HH is one of our forum panel “reply-er”, newly married)
“Erm…”

“Is there any special technique?”
“There’s no special technique, I just be a good guy…and then when we get to know each other, we know that it’s God’s will to be together.”

“How you know?”
“Erm…Find a girl who is also a Christian. You’ll know lah…There’ll be this special…Erm…Special ‘signal’.”

*Laughs~

Ibu S.H : “It’s true there’s no special technique to how to attract someone. When you’re looking for Mr./Miss Right, first, be a Mr./Miss Right yourself. When you have the Fruit of the Spirit, who doesn’t love you?”

Awesome! Well said Ibu S.H!

So what have I learned?
“你要向我告白?你够成熟吗?”
(translated: You wanna confess/Are you asking me out? Are you mature enough?”)

Hahaha…Sounds like I’m criticizing. But seriously, HH and Ibu S.H emphasized a lot on maturity whether it’s emotional or spiritual.

I think this is the best BGR topic/ session we had in Impactors. (There were lots of laughs) *teehee~
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment