Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Old Man Is Half A Century Old

~ This old man, he's my dad, he don't know what is "knick knack"~

Okay cut the silly song. Guess what? My old man turned half a century today! I'm gonna blog about him today instead on Father's Day because many other bloggers would be blogging about their dads on that day so it would be more memorable *grins~

Hm… He’s very tall (all the time), very smart (all the time, I think), very disciplined (most of the time), very thrifty (at times), very embarrassing (some times)…
Many say I look more like my Pa than my Ma. I think it’s quite true, apart from that, I also got a lot of my personality traits from him, eg. Social, smart, scientific, critical, loud, leader quality, perfectionist, straightforward, sporty, talker, bookworm, humorous, hyper… seriously, he can be REAL hyper and loud (it rarely happens though) that’s why he’s bit embarrassing also.

Did I mention he’s popular and good-looking? For a 50 year-old guy he’s not bad really. Wait till you see how he looks like 10+ years ago:
Not bad right? My Ma is one blessed woman to have him. But I guess it’s too bad that she’s not his favorite girl. Why?

Some time ago I overheard my Ma complaining to my Pa that he kept ANOTHER female’s picture in his wallet instead of hers. I was quite shocked but didn’t dare try to find out more. Until one day I looked into my Pa’s wallet and found out that it is MY picture that he kept. (sorry I can’t show you that picture, didn’t have a chance to snap it)
I wonder why my Ma got jealous over that. Hehe~ XD
He had a reputation as a sports athlete in my high school (K. Hwa) since he transferred at Form4, accepted Christ through one of my SF founder (Ps. Donald) who was his Geography or BM teacher (I think). Then he was student president in Form6, and received his calling into full-time ministry when he was 19. Now he’s currently doing his Masters in Theology (click here for my blog post on that). Comes from a poor family, no money to further studies after Form6, he followed an ad in the newspaper and worked hard in an insurance company. Now he’s done real well till the agents who trained under him drive cars that are bigger than his. He told me a phrase by Susan Tang when he met her long time ago: It’s better to be a 1st class manager than to be a 3rd class preacher. That hit his heart till now.
Fun and loving, he’s also a guy who fears God. Though he’s not the perfect Pa in the world, I’m still real proud to have him as my Pa, and also, my reference for my future guy... sort of >< *grins big~
Happy Birthday & God bless you Pa!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, what a wonderful post. :) Love the pics! Super duper cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol~! thx sweetie^^ u oso post mini-you pics lah XD haha~

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe got got. one of my really old posts. :D

    ReplyDelete