Thursday, April 22, 2010

An Artist's Heart

Anyone who knows me for some time knows that I'm artistic. Artists are usually seen as people with certain gifts and talents, but that's not exactly the case. My drawings weren't fantastic when I was young. The pretty masterpieces of mine now are results of years of refining of techniques, perfection of perspectives, and just plain passion and determination.

Artists take their work seriously as they pinpoint little details and they are willing to take time in doing something, especially something they put their mind into. Their work means a lot to them especially when its created by hand (not through computer), and they put lotsa effort and time into the little inspiration they got. So when you just chuck my art work aside after you think and agree its nice, it actually hurts more than when my art work is rejected in the first place.

This shows how someone could sometimes treat another person's efforts so lightly simply by just not treating the creation itself with care.

Many times I do have people handling my art pieces with such care that they almost went slow-mo (even taking out my paper from my file). These people have a rough imagination on how I would react if my masterpieces are lost, burnt, "conteng"-ed, or even folded. I'm thankful for such people, it shows how much they care.

An artist art work can be compared with God's creation. God is the Ultimate Artist, we can't deny that, the universe we live in is just a draft of His other Masterpiece -- Heaven. But still His "draft" is still very precious. Man/woman is said to be His most wonderful masterpiece, so imagine when a life is taken away, abused or defiled, God hurts so much.

A little vague? Well just imagine this, an artist starts drawing. He thought about the appearance, functions, how will it be used after its finished, and even plans the smallest detail of it. It took him his entire lifetime to think and sketch a special piece of art to be called his own.

Then one day some random person took that masterpiece, simply handle it, and just tear it apart... I'll be screaming and crying mad, seriously.

There's some things I would like to remind you:
* Every life is precious, even your own
* Take care of the earth as much as you can, don't litter
* When requesting someone to do something for you, tell the person earlier before hand and give more than enough time for him/her to prepare
* Be efficient and aim for perfection, because the Bible says so (2Cor 13v11)

Oh by the way, I'll be posting some of my art work soon, wait for it ^^ *winks~

God Bless~

2 comments: