Wednesday, May 5, 2010

People Are Undependable

People are undependable.
Even Christians are undependable.
Even Christian leaders with their best and most sincere efforts are undependable.

“You can’t depend on anyone, not even a great leader. Once they die and are buried, that will be the end of all their plans.” –Psalm 146v3-4

Those who put their trust in man will always be disappointed. Either man will fail you in your time of need, or he will do something to scandalize you, or he will move away from you, or even in the best circumstances (lets say that the man of God is faithful and true throughout his entire lifetime), he will DIE on you!

You can’t put your trust in any human! The one who praises you today may very possibly disappoint and reject you tomorrow. You might as well say “Hey buddy, Jesus endorses me, so scram.” (Endorses = confirms, approves)
But hey, there’s a catch.

We need each other for encouragement, counsel, prayer support, practical help, wisdom, perspective, correction etc. BUT, our sense of acceptance and trust can only be in God ALONE.

Now would you like to put your trust in this unfailing God? Follow these ABCs to do so:
Admit –you’re a sinner/imperfect. No one can live up to the Holy God’s standard. That’s why no human being is dependable!
Believe –Jesus died on the cross for you. God loves YOU so much that He sent Jesus to take YOUR penalty to save YOU from YOUR sins. Now that’s some one I can trust my life with!
Confess –your sinfulness/imperfection to God, and turn away from it. It could be a sincere cry from your heart, or it may be expressed out loud like this: “Dear God, I know I’m a sinner. I believe that Jesus died for my sins. I trust Him as my Savior (penyelamat). Come into my heart, I make you my Lord and King.”

There you have it, welcome to the family of God! Put your trust in God today :)
God bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment