Friday, February 19, 2010

So what....is your Flaw-List?

Ever heard people back stabbing you? Yes? Ever heard friends back stabbing you? Yes? Ever heard close friends back stabbing you? Yes? I got two words for you my friend..

SO WHAT?

Welcome to the realm of the ugly human nature. You agree? No? Let’s see if you agree with this statement: No one is perfect. Agree? Yes. So, you’ll have to agree that the human nature is real ugly.

Now, I’m not trying to be rude by saying “so what”, the point I want to make through that statement is that, if you’ve HAD or you ARE wallowing in self pity because of the ugly things people say about you, wake up and realize that you’re not the only one. Somehow somewhere there’ll be another person going through the same thing.
Angry? Yes. Sad? Yes. Disappointed? Yes
I’ve read a book called “By Searching” by Isobel Kuhn, the following was written when she was writing a letter to a friend about how she was accused of her bad qualities, and this was her friend’s reply:

“Isobel,” he wrote, “What surprised me the most of all was your attitude in this matter. You sound bitter and resentful. Why, if anyone had said to me, ‘Roy B. you are proud, disobedient and a troublemaker,’ I would answer: ‘Amen, brother! And even then you haven’t said the half of it!’ What good thing is there in any of us, anyway? We only have victory over these things as we bring them one by one to the Cross and ask our Lord to crucify it for us.”

Amazing! He was not afraid to season his words with salt even as he did not forget to speak with grace also.

Here’s a list about the flaws I have (I’m gonna be very honest here):
Proud Disobedient Troublemaker Disrespectful Rude Insensitive Impulsive Judgemental Lazy Irresponsible Critical Know-it-all Withholding Dishonest

Seriously, I’m dishonest, though I said “very honest” in my (). Any other flaw I left out? Care to point it out for me anyone? I would also want to ask for forgiveness from anyone I’ve offended.

All thanks to the Lord Jesus for His great love and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment