Saturday, July 31, 2010

Growing Up In SF...

Today SF (Student Fellowship) had the 1st committee meeting with the new batch of committee (2010/2011).

Not much of an intro huh? Well, how do I start with…I’ve been in SF since 2005, and I’m still serving. Many things had changed since then. Most importantly I’ve seen myself change, a whole lot.

I started out as passionate, hyper, enthusiastic, idea-ful and not to mention impulsive, non-stop opinion-giver. I’m still passionate, just expressed in a different way. Let’s just say I’ve grown up.

So instead of being part of the “core”, I decided to lay low and observe/oversee the comm meet today. Frankly, I’m very impressed with this batch of committee and I learn a lot from them. Take note I said learn not learned/learnt, I’m still learning (pardon if my English is a little bad here). But you get the idea right? ;) *winks~

Some might have known that I’m a bit disappointed when the new comm was revealed, but I don’t regret, and I can see that God’s hands are upon the new young leaders, I thank God and give Him glory for that.

6th year in SF? Don’t you think you’re more superior and experienced already? Yes I do think I am, but at the same time, I felt that I had to learn more as I grow older. “Time to shut up and learn from the younger ones” doesn’t seem such an appealing idea to most (especially leaders who are reading this) but realizing that you’re not as smart as you think but you’ve only grew a few years older, in my opinion, that’s what it means to grow up.

I’m learning more than I did, and I’m more willing to learn than I was younger. I love my juniors, hanging out with them, talking about ideas, one of the best bunch of people to be with.

To my juniors, be encouraged, be willing to learn, be faithful to God, and SF’s trademark leaders phrase: “You are all leaders.” I love you all and God bless.

Celina has grown up (a little) XD

2 comments:

  1. hey,through the post I can really see that you've grown well Celina.In our life especially for Christian,the day we stop to grow,is the day when our spiritual man dead.Glad that you've helped in contributing to our younger brother and sister and also faithful to SF despite all the things that happened.Can't wait till the day where GOD call you to a higher ministy :) Be the light unto the world,and salt unto the earth ! Shine well and learn well my sister :)

    ReplyDelete