Friday, November 26, 2010

Knees Are Made For..?

Have you heard of guys looking out for girls with nice legs? You know with the smooth skin, fair calves, rounded knees... Okay stop visualizing.
My point is, people like to look good, especially girls. I'm not saying the "vain" or "lala" or "24/7 titivating" kind of look good, but in a general way.

Well, maybe working on having perfect legs are pretty vain. But with the existence of shorts, "mini"s and even "micro"s, girls are getting more conscious of their legs.
I think as long as my legs are strong, healthy and without handicap, I'm cool with it. Well that was what I used to think for the past 7/8 years.

To be honest, I used to mind if my legs don't look good. A classmate this year asked me:
"Celina, you were naughty when you were young right?"
"Err...you could say so. How did you know?"
"Because of your scar."

He's referring to a scar on my arm (don't have any funny ideas okay). I had the scar because of a bike accident (was racing with a dude on a bike to large for my size) then had quite bad wounds on legs and my right arm had to be "x-ray"ed...
Anyway, a comment from teacher challenged my consciousness about my appearance.
"Girl with a nice face, but limbs full of scars."

Shoot~ that hurt.

One day this year, I was on my knees praying. Halfway I opened my eyes and looked at my knees. Images flashed through my mind, church members praying on their knees, fellow comrades on their knees, FWP mates on their knees... a lady in China persecuted by kneeling on bricks while saying a mocking prayer while guarded by Chinese offices...

(By the way, this news of persecution was nearly 6-7 years ago, you can find it more at Open Doors, an organization focusing on the persecuted Christians)

Then it dawned on me that knees are meant for kneeling, to pray, to intercede. Legs do meant to be going around, doing good works and stuff, but often times the power of the kneeling knees are underestimated.

Wow! Since that day my self esteem boosted like super high into the heavens! Direct esteem from God. Sweet! ^^

So, hope you're encouraged. Be blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment