Saturday, January 23, 2010

Behind That Shiny Resume--Jasmine Yow


This is a very interesting book written by a youth (21 years old still considered youth? I guess so, lets call her my senior ok?) from my church. Here's a short intro:

Have you ever wondered what lies behind a successful facade? For Jasmine, it was a confused and hurting heart that led to clinical depression.
Behind that Shiny Resume offers you precious glimpses into her honest struggles. Watch her wrestle to reconcile her fiery passion to be outstanding in life with her desire for peer acceptance. And take heart as the girl who once mocked her shiny resume finally learns to love and enjoy her God-given beauty and talent.

I've read her book (Its her 1st published book ever) and had laughed and teared at the same time in the process of digesting its contents. Very easy to read and professionally written, its a hard-to-put-down book. Here's a peek of 1 of its interesting bit of her life written in the book:

So I decided I would try.
But in there, I didn't try. I didn't try at all. I didn't even read the questions.
I just scribbled a few lines on my answer sheet explaining that I did nothing and there would be no need for the examiner to panic over loose answer scripts.
Just give me my zero, I wrote.



Isn't she just adorable? I would recommend this book to students especially, it'll be available this Jan 2010 at Malaysian bookstores (Popular, MPH etc.). For more info on how to get it and the price of this book, check out this Facebook page for more info :)

Jasmine we're so proud of you! May God continue to bless you in your wonderful life!

1 comment:

  1. celina i just saw this! my goodness. can i link it? thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete